Meet the staff! We’re here because we care.
We’re proud of our wonderful Board of Directors.
Quite the group of incredible supporters stand with us.
We have a rating in transparency with GuideStar.org
The Flagler Humane Society is committed to the welfare of animals:
• We will provide shelter and care for animals.
• We will provide programs and services, which enhance the bond between animals and people.
• We will be advocates for animals, speaking for those who cannot speak for themselves.
• Always increase the placement of animals into humane environments.
• Provide and maintain quality programs to reduce companion animal overpopulation and euthanasia.
• Provide and monitor programs that provide for the well-being of animals in our care.
• Understand and broaden awareness of animal and community needs and our role in meeting those needs.
• Provide quality programs and services to improve the relationship between animals and people.
• Attract, retain and develop capable, caring and professional staff, paid and volunteer, to achieve our life-saving mission.
• Be an advocate for animal welfare concerns, always doing what we can to help.
• Identify and secure critical resources to support our activities—which all help to save lives.
• Evaluate, maintain, and improve equipment, facilities and our grounds.
Founded in 1980 (a new shelter was built in 2004) the Flagler Humane Society (FHS) has extended the hand of kindness to stray and unwanted animals in Flagler County and surrounding areas. FHS cares for companion animals, investigates and combats animal cruelty, rescues neglected pets, treats sick and injured strays, and educates the public about humane issues and responsible pet care.
FHS has made tremendous progress in saving lives over recent years and is poised to become an even greater resource for lifesaving efforts. many positive attributes are noted that include, but are not limited to:
• A caring dedicated staff with knowledgeable leadership
• Several programs to assist families and pets in need
• Dedicated volunteers in a community that cares
• High animal save rates with a proven track record
• Provides animal emergency services during disasters
Are you a Humane Hero?
FHS offers a great, life saving program called, Humane Hero Membership Program. Without your support this important work is NOT possible! There are MANY ways to help save a life at the Flagler Humane Society. You can foster a dog or cat, attend an event (or host one on our behalf), leave us in your will, donate monetary funds, bring in your pet to be medically treated, purchase an item from our retail store, shop at our awesome thrift store, volunteer, and of course other ways. It takes a village, and together we can save even more lives!