- Offsite adoption events
- Offsite fundraising events
- Administration support
- Visiting pups
- Dog walking
- Cattery TLC
- Animal care & cleaning
- Animal transport
- Medical support
- Offsite pet store catteries
- FHS thrift store
- Maintenance & yard work
- Photography and social media
Potential volunteers need to complete an application and attend orientation before beginning
Orientations are every 2nd Sunday of the month
1 pm in the FHS education room.
*** May Orientation will be held on May 21st due to Mother’s Day ***
Dog Walking Orientations are every 2nd Sunday of the month
2 pm in the FHS education room.
Please make a reservation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org 24 hours (minimum) before the Orientation you wish to attend.
This is by reservation only.
You must complete the dog walking orientation before becoming a dog walker. Stop by for the volunteer orientation and then stay for the dog walking orientation as well!
We accept volunteer applications for teens 14 years of age and up who want to help with fundraising events and adoption outreach. The more we raise at a fundraiser, the more lives we can in turn save.
To learn more about volunteer opportunities contact us at email@example.com
or call (386) 445-1814 x 507.
Court Ordered Community Service
- Must be Court-ordered Community service hours.
- Must come to FHS in person to complete paperwork.
- Must provide court paperwork that lists your charges.
- Must fill out a community service application and be approved prior to doing hours.
- Must arrive at 8:30 a.m. and stay for a minimum of four hours.
- Must have permission from a manager to complete hours on Sunday.
Volunteer Hours For School Credit
- Must be Hours needed for School Credit.
- Must complete a Volunteer Application (online or in person).
- Must attend a Volunteer Orientation.
- Student’s age may determine where & what the student may be able to do.