Orientations are every 2nd Saturday of the month
at Noon in the FHS education room.
Dog Walking Orientations are every 2nd Saturday of the month
at 1 pm in the FHS education room.
You must complete the volunteer orientation before becoming a dog walker.
Stop by for the volunteer orientation and then stay for the dog walking orientation as well!
If you are in need of court ordered community service hours – see below.
We have opportunities to suit a variety of interests, so submit your application today and help our pets by becoming a valued FHS Volunteer!
- Fundraising / Events Planning / Grant Writing
- FHS Thrift Store
- Adoption Outreach
- Adoption Ambassadors / Reunion Specialists
- Foster Homes (in home, business, or become a Foster Pet Ambassador)
- Photography of Animals at Various Events or On-Site
- Grounds Upkeep / Maintenance
- General Maintenance
- Cat and Dog Care (cleaning/checkup/etc)
- Front Lobby Duties (phones/check-In/clerical/data entry)
- Animal TLC (socialization/grooming/bathing)
- Education / Certified Pet Ambassador Team
- Runner for Various Errands
- Animal Transportation
Court Ordered Community Service
Some of our best helpers are those working to fulfill court-ordered community service hours. To complete community service hours for court, you must come to the shelter IN PERSON with your court papers that list your charges, fill out a community service application, and be approved. This application is not available online. You will not be allowed to begin doing hours until you’ve competed this.
You must arrive at 8:30 a.m. and stay for a minimum of four hours. You must have permission from a manager to complete hours on Sunday.
Students or anyone needing community service hours that are NOT court ordered only need to complete the online volunteer application and attend a volunteer orientation.