FHS Volunteers act as community role models. They are recognized and appreciated as a vital part of shelter operations. Our fun, rewarding Youth Ambassador Program is open to teens 14 and up who want to help with fundraising events. Training is provided for all volunteer positions. We have opportunities to suit a variety of interests, so submit your application today and help our pets by becoming a valued FHS Volunteer!
- Fundraising / Events Planning Committee / Grant Writing
- FHS Thrift Store
- Adoption Outreach
- Adoption Ambassadors / Reunion Specialists
- Foster Homes (in home, business, or become a Foster Pet Ambassador)
- Photography of Animals at Various Events or On-Site
- Grounds Upkeep / Maintenance
- General Maintenance
- Cat Animal Care (cleaning/checkup/etc)
- Front Lobby Duties (phones/check-In/clerical/data entry)
- Animal TLC (socialization/grooming/bathing)
- Education / Certified Pet Ambassador Team
- Help Us Run Various Errands / Animal Transportation
Community Service Volunteers
Some of our best volunteers are those working to fulfill court-ordered community service hours. To complete community service hours for court, you must come to the shelter with your court papers that list your charges, fill out a community service application, and be approved. This application is not available online. You will not be allowed to begin until you’ve done this.
You must arrive at 8:30 a.m. and stay for a minimum of four hours. You must have permission from a manager to complete hours on the weekend.
Students or anyone needing community service hours that are not court ordered only need to complete the online volunteer application. For complete details call 386.445.1814 X505.