The Flagler Humane Society employs many search methods to try to reunite lost pets with their owners. Lost pets are posted on this website and through various social media platforms.
If you have lost your pet and it is brought into shelter – there are certain things that you will have to do and bring with you at the time of reunion. The process is as follows:
- You will need to bring proof of ownership. This can be done by providing medical documents or photographs of you and the pet.
- You will need to bring a photo id and be at least 18 years old.
- You will need to bring a leash (if your pet is a dog) or a carrier (if your pet is a cat).
- There are return to owner fees that will be done upon pickup. Call the shelter for the amount owed.
- If your pet is not spayed or neutered, FHS can waive the return fees if you purchase a low cost spay/neuter certificate instead. Spaying and neutering often keeps pets closer to home and might solve problems of pets running away.
- You will get an engraved tag to place on your pet’s collar (included in return to owner fee).