Low-Cost Spay and Neuter Services
Low-Cost Wellness Clinic
Schedule an Appointment (and not it’s own link) here for now…but make the link just say- say…Please check back as you do need to contact FHS at 386.445.1814 currently to schedule an appointment.
- We provide microchipping, with implantation and registration of the brand 24 PetWatch chips.
- We also provide Palm Coast licensing and/or personalized, engraving of attractive tags sold at our shelter.
- The Flagler Humane Society contracts with Flagler County, the City of Bunnell and Flagler Beach to provide a kinder, gentler animal control with an emphasis on education rather than punitive
- Our highly skilled and trained Animal Control Officers assist pet owners, often times providing dog houses, collars, transport for pets, and veterinarian care for veterinarian services, and also perform return-to-owner in the field if the owners can be located
- We also provide emergency call services for injured or sick animals, including wildlife. We respond to these calls 24 hours per day, seven days per week by our officers through the Flagler Sheriff’s dispatch
- Officers perform neglect and cruelty investigations if the situation warrants, animals may be confiscated with permanent custody and prosecution of the abuser sought through the court system
Return to Owner Services
- The Flagler Humane Society offers aggressive search methods for your lost pet through various media platforms, such as social media and our very own lost and found. All stray animals who arrive at our shelter are featured on the the website in the found pets section, as well as people can post flyers at the shelter and on Facebook, which has a very active group of followers.
- Return to owner fees are often waved when we can provide spay/neuter services to pet owners, so if the owner(s) agrees to these terms they can get their pet back at no cost to them. Our goal is to get as many animals spayed and neutered to keep backyard breeding down, as well as overall pet population numbers (not to mention it’s good for the pets health). There are still not enough homes for all the pets who need one.
Safekeeping of Pets
Owner Requested Euthanasia
- Our 8,000 square foot FHS Thrift Store is open six days a week, and has a huge array of gently used (some new) items – from furniture, jewelry designer clothes, home goods, kids items (including a lot of toys), sporting goods, and more. The thrift store is located at St. Joe Plaza in Palm Coast, FL.
- Donated sellable items equate for a very large percentage of the FHS operating budget annually – your items help save lives… it’s that simple.
Retail Pet Supplies
Military Support for Veterans
- FHS produces several informative and educational newspaper articles monthly, and we even host a weekly radio show called, “Speaking of Animals”, that brings in expert animal welfare industry leaders to answers questions, disclaim myths, and overall help you understand your beloved pets better.
- We have a large social media presence from our website, Twitter account, Facebook (three pages – FHS shelter, Animal Services and Thrift Store) with our Facebook page having one of the highest support/following rate in all of Flagler County.
- At the request of various groups, schools, civic groups, community centers, nursing homes, and other places to help educate the community about what it is we do, how to care for your pet, bite prevention, why adopt a new pet, etc. Often times we will bring with us an adoptable pet to showcase.
- FHS will provide humane materials and conduct interviews for students as they prepare a speech or classroom presentation.
Ambassador Dog Programs
- Owned, properly trained pets are taken with their volunteer pet owners to visit the sick and elderly in assisted-living facilities, group homes, etc. This Ambassador Dog Program is also involved in a children’s reading program, in which school children read to the dogs, both at schools and at the local library.
- Reading to cats is a new program we just recently started at Petco. This program is where children come to read to all our adoptable cats, located in the stores. They love the attention and socialization.
Transfer of Pets from Other Shelters
Wall of Remembrance:
- For those who wish to memorialize a family member, friend or pet, we provide personalized engraved plaques on the Flagler Humane Society building
- This $100 memorial donation goes toward the care of all our amazing shelter animals