Canine Military Partnerships
- FHS produces several informative and educational newspaper articles monthly, and we even host a weekly radio show called, “Speaking of Animals”, that brings in expert animal welfare industry leaders to answers questions, disclaim myths, and overall help you understand your beloved pets better.
- We have a large social media presence from our website, Twitter account, Facebook (three pages – Flagler Humane Society, Flagler Animal Services and Flagler Humane Society Thrift Store) with our Facebook page having one of the highest support/following rate in all of Flagler County.
- At the request of various groups, schools, civic groups, community centers, nursing homes, and other places to help educate the community about what it is we do, how to care for your pet, bite prevention, why adopt a new pet, etc. Often times we will bring with us an adoptable pet to showcase.
- FHS will provide humane materials and conduct interviews for students as they prepare a speech or classroom presentation.
Ambassador Dog Programs
- Owned, properly trained pets are taken with their volunteer pet owners to visit the sick and elderly in assisted-living facilities, group homes, etc. This Ambassador Dog Program is also involved in a children’s reading program, in which school children read to the dogs, both at schools and at the local library.
- Reading to cats is a new program we just recently started at Petco. This program is where children come to read to all our adoptable cats, located in the stores. They love the attention and socialization.