FHS Food Bank, previously Kibbles Kitchen, is an outreach program in which qualified residents who need assistance for their pets are given pet food and sometimes supplies. Pet owners must apply and be approved for the program. Supplies are subject to availability.
The qualifications for FHS Food Bank are:
- Must prove Flagler County residency.
- There is a limit of four animals. It can be a combination of dogs and cats, but only up to four.
- Total household income must be under $25,000. Applicants must provide proof.
- Pets must be spayed or neutered (FHS may offer assistance if the pets are not already sterilized).
- Pets must be up to date on vaccinations.
- You must be enrolled in two of any the following programs:
- TANF (Temporary Asst. for Needy Families)
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- SSA (Social Security Benefits)
- Medicaid/Adult Medical Care Program/Share of Cost
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
No new pets may be obtained while on the assistance program. Participants are helped for up to six months except for the senior program. Pet owners over the age of 75 yrs old who continue to qualify as low income may stay on the program. Food is distributed once per month, for all participants.
Flagler Humane Society is looking for volunteers to help carry on the program. Food must be picked up from donation sites, inventoried, sorted and bagged. Phone calls must be made, clients approved and food given out.
Anyone interested in helping with the program is asked to contact Flagler Humane Society 386-445-1814 ext 505 or email@example.com
Need more information or want to see if you qualify? Contact us here: