Furry Friend Food Pantry is an outreach program in which qualified residents who temporarily need assistance for their pets are given pet food. Pet owners must apply and be approved for the program.
The qualifications for Furry Friend Food Pantry are:
- Must prove Flagler County residency.
- There is a limit of four animals. It can be a combination of dogs and cats, but only up to four.
- Total household income must be under $25,000. Applicants must provide proof.
- Pets must be spayed or neutered (FHS may offer assistance if the pets are not already sterilized).
- Pets must be up to date on vaccinations.
- You must be enrolled in two of any the following programs:
- TANF (Temporary Asst. for Needy Families)
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- SSA (Social Security Benefits)
- Medicaid/Adult Medical Care Program/Share of Cost
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
No new pets may be obtained while on the assistance program. Participants are helped for up to six months. Food is distributed once per month on a scheduled day, for all participants.
Flagler Humane Society is looking for volunteers to help with the program. We need volunteers to help sort and bag food. We also are in need of a clerical volunteer to help with administrative duties.
Anyone interested in volunteering can contact Flagler Humane Society 386-445-1814 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Need more information or want to see if you qualify? Contact us here: