We are thrilled you are considering to adopt your new best fur friend. The Flagler Humane Society always has a HUGE variety of pets in need of forever homes. Some people have in their mind exactly what type of pet they want; however, we hope you will open your mind, come in and take a look and you just never know what pet will speak to your heart. We are here to answer any questions before, during, and after the adoption process. NOTE: the variety of our animals changes daily…if you visit today, visit tomorrow or next week and different animals will be available – we promise.
Our knowledge and caring staff will provide you with helpful information and resources to both make the best decision for your family on what pet to adopt, but also help you during the transition phase, all to ensure long-term ownership of your new best friend. Our adoption process is designed to ensure the best chance of a successful match, based on your lifestyle and the pet’s individual personality.
Please view our adoptable pets right here, keeping in mind these pets change daily, so check back often. If you have your heart set on a particular type of pet, check back often – we have available all types of dogs, pure breeds, small dogs, large dogs, and our favorite the mutt that when people ask what kind of pet is that…we say an amazing mutt mix!
- Come in and please take a tour of the Flagler Humane Society.
- Meet with all our amazing pets available for adoption. Keep in mind they do change daily!
- You may submit an adoption application once you have decided on the pet that you would like to add to your family.
- If the pet is ready and has no other applications – you may be able to take the pet home the same day.
- If the pet is not ready and has other applications, the pet will remain at FHS until ready for adoption. Applications may be taken until the animal is ready to be adopted.
- When a pet is ready for adoption, an applicant will be chosen. Our goal is to find forever homes for homeless pets so we try to choose the home that we think is the best fit for the pet.
- If your application is chosen you will have 24 hours to respond as to when you would be picking up the pet. You will forfeit your application if you don’t respond back.
- If your application is not chosen, you will be notified. This does not mean that you are not a good pet owner! The decision making process is very tough. We welcome you to come back and visit the pets again.
- Submitting an application does not mean that you are guaranteed the pet.
- Adoption fees do apply as we normally invest over $300-$400+ per pet to get them ready to be adopted (at times even much higher fees). There are adoption fee specials that at times are available, but please keep in mind…the more support we have the more lives we can in fact save.
- Your personal pet may be brought to the Flagler Humane Society for a “meet and greet” with the shelter animal of your choice to see how they get along.
What You Will Need To Bring or Provide
- You will be asked to provide a valid driver’s license or another photo ID.
- All pets in the home must be up to date on vaccinations. Please bring in proof of veterinary care.
- The adoption fee is due at the time of adoption. You may be charged an additional $5.00 for a pet license if you reside in Palm Coast.
Your Adoption Includes
- Up to date Vaccinations (up to the age of the pet)
- Up to date Flea and Heartworm Prevention
- Spay/Neuter Surgery
- 14 day Free veterinary visit
- 30 days Free pet insurance provided by the microchip company
- a goodie bag
Adoption Fees vary from $30 to $200 depending on the type and age of the pet. Call 386.445.1814 ext. 503 for any adoption specials!