We are thrilled you are considering to adopt your new best fur friend. The Flagler Humane Society always has a HUGE variety of pets in need of forever homes. Some people have in their mind exactly what type of pet they want; however, we hope you will open your mind, come in and take a look and you just never know what pet will speak to your heart. We are here to answer any questions before, during, and after the adoption process. NOTE: the variety of our animals changes daily…if you visit today, visit tomorrow or next week and different animals will be available – we promise.
Our knowledge and caring staff will provide you with helpful information and resources to both make the best decision for your family on what pet to adopt, but also help you during the transition phase, all to ensure long-term ownership of your new best friend. Our adoption process is designed to ensure the best chance of a successful match, based on your lifestyle and the pet’s individual personality.
Please view our adoptable pets right here, keeping in mind these pets change daily, so check back often. If you have your heart set on a particular type of pet, check back often – we have available all types of dogs, pure breeds, small dogs, large dogs, and our favorite the mutt that when people ask what kind of pet is that…we say an amazing mutt mix!
Adoption Process Overview
- Come in and please take a tour of the Flagler Humane Society
- Meet with all our amazing pets available for adoption, and keep in mind they do change daily
- Once you decide on a new forever best fur friend, we will have you complete an adoption application
- You will then meet with a FHS Adoption Specialist
- Your pet of choice can be placed on hold with a completed application for up to 24 hours or until the next business day. If the pet is not yet spayed/neutered, surgery will be scheduled and you can take this pet home once completed. At times we will allow the pet to go home with you while its awaiting surgery
- They are highly training and skilled at matching our pets with families – always keep in mind they have the best interest for both YOU and the PET
- If a match is made, and agreed upon by all parties…you will then be able to adopt this particular pet
- Adoption fees do apply as we normally invest over $300-$400+ per pet to get them ready to be adopted (at times even much higher fees)
- There are adoption fee specials that at times are available, but please keep in mind…the more support we have the more lives we can in fact save
- Your personal pet may be brought to the Flagler Humane Society for a “meet and greet” with the shelter animal of your choice to see how they get along
- Flagler County has a leash ordinance, and All pets must be taken to your vehicle on a leash/in a carrier, please plan appropriately; however, FHS does have these items for sale, and all proceeds go to support other pets in need
- You will be asked to provide a valid driver’s license or another photo ID
- If you rent, you will be asked to sign a renters statement of permission to own this adopted pet
- Other pets in the home must have a current Rabies Vaccination
- The stated adoption fee is due at the time of adoption, as well as a $5.00 pet license fee if you live in the city of Palm Coast
Your Adoption Includes
- The pet of your choice can be placed on hold with a complete application for a maximum of 24 hours or until the next business day. If the pet is not yet spayed/neutered, surgery is scheduled.
- Fee is paid upon adoption.
- Your personal pet may be brought to the shelter for a “meet and greet” with the shelter animal to see how they get along.
- Flagler County has a leash ordinance. All pets must be taken to your vehicle on a leash/in a carrier. Leashes, collars, and carriers are available for purchase in the retail area, with all proceeds going to help our homeless pets.
Call 386.445.1814 ext. 503 for specials!